New Install

Pavel Vaviline pavel at eulogos.net
Sun Dec 21 10:42:47 UTC 2003

В Вск, 21.12.2003, в 11:14, Krikket пишет:
> On Sun, 21 Dec 2003, Pavel Vaviline wrote:
>
> > В Вск, 21.12.2003, в 06:43, Krikket пишет:
> > > 2>  Keyboard layout.  I'm not going to bother with the SuSE method.  What
> > > I'm trying to do is to be able to change keyboards from a US English
> > > keyboard layout to a Russian (Cyrillic) keyboard layout.  I've discovered
> > > by right clicking on the bottom task bar in Gnome, I've been able to add a
> > > "kayboard layout" tool, and even set [Alt-Right Shift] to switch between
> > > the virtual keyboards.  Unfortunately, this doesn't actually change the
> > > keyboard layout.  I'm still getting letters from the English alphabet.
> > >
> > > 2a>  Is there a way of setting up a phonetic Cyrillic keyboard?
> >
> > Visit redhat-fedora forum at http://linuxshop.ru to resolve cyrillic
> > problem.
>
> Thanks for the pointer, but as I don't speak Russian (yet) it doesn't do
> me much good...  I've been hoping to find some instuctions in English...
>
> (I'm in the process of learning the language, but need the character sets
> when it comes to using the few words I do know.  Particularly when IMing
> with folks in the FSU.  For example, if I fina a word that I'm unsure of
> the meaning, I can just ask someone what X means...)
>
> Krikket
>

> --

I configure my /etc/X11/XF86Config in this maner:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
	Option	    "XkbRules" "xfree86"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us,ru(winkeys)"
	Option	    "XkbOptions" "grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
End Section

This permits you use the standard russian layout and to switch between
keyboard layouts in X by pressing <Lshift>+<Rshift>. ScrollLock led will
be turn on with russian layout.
It seems to me that FC1 has not translitarate cyr layout by default.

PAshaRome