up2date not automatic

Atrus atrus at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 25 00:50:18 UTC 2003

<snip>

Personally I find this process of manually trying to figure out the
actual URL of these yum repos very annoying.
It would be very nice if yum.conf came with dozens of these mirrors
commented out so that it simply a question of selecting one after the
installation.  Or you could go and
uncomment all of them and let yum randomly pick one in the list to
spread out the load between mirrors (and away from redhat.com servers).

</snip>

I did a little footwork a complied a small list from the fedora mirror
site. these have been tested.
However these are only US http repos, and they should be inserted into
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources. You can also use these to base entries for
yum.conf

Enjoy