wireless questions

Julian Underwood julian at UNDERWOODS.NET
Sat Dec 27 05:24:58 UTC 2003

/Is there an easy way to scan for available wireless networks under
Fedora?/  Thanks to a couple of people on this list, I was informed that
my wireless card was actually detected by Fedora.  It is a Actiontec
mini-PCI card within my IBM T23 laptop.

What are is the name of these drivers which allow this card to operate?
Are they 'orinoco_pci'?  What does that mean: that essentially my card
is an Orinoco card?? The reason I ask is because I tried to get Airsnort
to work (due to the fact it is nice to see what wireless networks are
available) and I hit a wall.  I used to use the wlan-ng drivers which
worked fine with Airsnort, but now that Fedora uses built-in ones, I
have no idea where I should start in configuring wireless applicatons.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Julian