no display with kernel 2.6.0

Alimin Bijosono Oei alimin_oei at myrealbox.com
Sat Dec 27 10:50:25 UTC 2003

>I downloaded kernel 2.6.0 from
>> http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/RPMS.kernel/and installed it.
>> Problem appeared on reboot into the the new kernel. It got to the point
>> where X was supposed to start but nothing turned up, the screen just
>> went blank. Has anybody experienced the same thing? The installed
fedora
>> was an upgrade from RH 9 before.

>How do things go with the rawhide 2.6 kernel ?
>(Also available at http://people.redhat.com/davej/FedoraCore2/)

It still gave me the same result, blank screen. By the way, this is a
Compaq Presario 1500 laptop. Perhaps there is something particular to
laptop display setting? I was googling and found out that some people
also had this kind of experience but that was a while ago during
2.6.0-pre testing phases. I would hope that by now it should have been
fixed but it wasn't the case for me. In the end, I decided to do full
clean reinstall of Fedora instead of upgrading from existing RH9
installation and that solved the problem. Perhaps others want to verify
this or perhaps it was just my setting that was wrong somewhere.