New Year's wish ---- Linux books?

Joolz joolz at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 28 15:35:36 UTC 2003

> [HD schreef op 28-12-2003 06:52 -0600]
>
> I am still pretty new to Linux. Started out to with Red Hat  9.
> Having reached my initial goal of getting RH9 (and then FC1) to do
> everything I would normally do on a daily basis with my computer, I
> am now wanting to learn more about the wonderful world of Linux
<snip>

IMO Linux is about freedom, letting the computer do what you want.
It's good to see what's under the hood and not do everything with a
Gnome or KDE (or whatever) frontend, but dive into bash, learn how to
use Vim and do some shell scripting.

For bash and commands I couldn't find anything right away (anyone?)

For Vim see: http://www.vim.org/docs.php

My favorite book on bash scripting is
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/. One disadvantage, it's free ;-)

--
16:26-16:35
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) Linux 2.4.22-1.2129.nptl