Help with GRUB

prata at ghostlike.homelinux.org prata at ghostlike.homelinux.org
Mon Dec 29 22:34:56 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 11:21:11PM +0100, Carlos typed in a frenzy:
> rootnoverify (hd0,0)
> makeactive
> chainloader +1
> boot

Did you try taking out makeactive? I dual boot with Fedora on the first
harddrive and xp on the second drive. I have no makeactive section.
YMMV and IMBW but I think that makeactive isn't needed. It should boot
without it. Sorry if this is absolutely no help what so ever.

However, if you care to swap the disks around or you are running your
Fedora on the first drive already (mistakenly or otherwise) then you
can modify your grub config for the windows partition as so:

title Windows XP
        map (hd0,0) (hd1,0)
        map (hd1,0) (hd0,0)
        rootnoverify (hd1,0)
        chainloader +1
        boot

And that would suffice. Otherwise sory for wasting your time.

Alex