help me insmod & /etc/modules.conf

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Dec 30 03:21:27 UTC 2003

Giuseppe Di Bona wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I need help for my webcam.
> In fedora i must execute 'insmod ovcamchip' to make the cam working.
> How can i use /etc/modules.conf instead of writing every time the insmod
> command (sorry for my english!!) ?
>
> Thanks
>
> gdb

You can put the 'insmod ovcamchip' command in your /etc/rc.d/rc.local
file and it will be loaded upon machine booting. This file and the
commands are pretty much the last steps before user interactions.

for the modules.config file. I think you have to declare an alias, then
add the ovcamchip module to it. Some other lister might know what to add
to the modules.conf file for the webcam.

Jim