Speaking of viruses

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 30 05:20:33 UTC 2003

jdow wrote:

>From: "WA9ALS - John" <ham_reflectors at wa9als.com>

Actually me, myself (... *yes* ,my first name is John) , and I am aware
of Tripwire. However, I have not installed it recently. Surprising as it
may seem. In any case, the topic here is about
viruses (detection and removal). Whereas Tripwire is merely a sentinel
for intrusion detection and (should) be used in conjunction with a
firewall, as an added security, IMVHO. However, since I am not running a
server, and I *do* have a firewall enabled, this is one point where I
didn't decide to "err on the side of caution".

... thought you'd trip me up by mentioning Tripwire, eh? LOL!!!

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.