Mount ntfs

Andy Hargreaves andy at ajh-web.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 09:46:39 UTC 2003

To return to the original question...

1. Create a directory (using mkdir) in /lib/modules/2.xxxxx.nptl/kernel/fs
called ntfs.

2. Put the file (link at the bottom of this message) into the newly created
ntfs directory.  Rename the file to ntfs.o

3.  Permissions on the ntfs.o file should be 644 (i.e. use chmod 644 ntfs.o)

4.  Now, the line in fstab needs to look similar this:

    /dev/hda1		/mnt/ntfs		auto		ro,user,umask=000    0 0

This is exactly what I have done, and it works fine.

This is the link to the file:

http://www.ajh-web.com/l/ntfs.o.txt

Andy