Fedora stability

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Wed Dec 31 17:15:16 UTC 2003

I recently switched to FC1, and I have found many nice improvements.
The only thing I have had a problem with was up2date, and the drawers
on gnome-panel.  :'(

The updated gnome-panel fixed the problem with my drawers. :-D

I almost forgot, I had to get rid of galeon {didn't use it anyway}, because
it required and older version of Mozilla.

I had installed the MP3 support for XMMS, and wine in RHL 9, and after
the upgrade they both still work. :-)

Gaim had broken, before I switched, but after I switched It worked with MSN
again. :-)

So far so good.

I still have RHL 9 on a machine at home, because I have a paid RHN and I
haven't had a chance to see if Fedora is supported on that system. I was
told
I would get a discount for RHEL, but not that I could use the remainder of
premium service to get better access to Fedora updates.

I hope everyone has a happy new year.