Bug voting? (in Bugzilla or whatever)

Féliciano Matias feliciano.matias at free.fr
Mon Jul 28 19:23:43 UTC 2003

Sorry for my poor English.

Mandrake has a strong community.
Contrary to RedHat, Mandrake don't know to say "NO" to user requests.
This create bugs, usability weak and inconsistency in the Mandrake
distribution.

Some times I "hate" the RedHat policy. But the result, the whole
distribution, is better (for me) even if they are some functionality
missing.

In France RedHat has bad brand image in relation to Mandrake. I don't
know exactly why.

In France RedHat distribution have a reputation for being less
supporting French than Mandrake. Strange since the RedHat distribution
work very well in French and have a better documentation.

The point is that RedHat should more support foreign language and not
only in the distribution.

Check http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ (search International). Now go to
http://www.redhat.com/index2.html and search for some French pages. You
will find nothing.

Another example :
https://listman.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2003-July/msg00006.html

Another example :
http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/

Another example :
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/fr/9.1/features/
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/9.1/features/
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/es/9.1/features/

I don't asking RedHat to do as mush as Mandrake do for foreign language.
But it will be beneficial to RedHat to have some web pages in foreign
language :
- presentation of rhl (about, objective, ...)
- *users* mailing-list in foreign language (rhl-fr-list, rhl-es-list,
etc)

--
Féliciano Matias <feliciano.matias at free.fr>