ethereal update

Jim Hayward jimhayward at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 12 03:30:36 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 18:47, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> As I mentioned in my prior post this evening, I would envision that the
> majority of us are willing to be patient as we work our way thru the
> early stages of this new project. Three months or six months from now we
> will hopefully look back at these things as relatively minor bumps in
> the road.

Agreed. it is going to take time for everything to smooth out.

> There may be gaps in procedures at this point and there may be
> insufficient developer resources to cover all the areas required. That
> is understandable as we go thru this transition from RHL to Fedora.

More then likely this is the reason there have not been any updates yet.

However there is already a lot of Fedora users and security updates are
not really something that can wait until a formal structure is place.
Something at least temporary needs to worked out on getting security
updates available to users who can't or don't have the time to do it
themselves.

> That being said, the courtesy of replies from somebody within the
> RH/Fedora leadership seems reasonable when key issues that will cause
> people to either stay with Fedora or consider alternatives are clearly
> upon us.

<snip...>
> It seems that clarifications would be reasonable.

I think a lot of people would appreciate this.

Regards,
	Jim H