Bug 109449 GNOME settings daemon crash

Mikko Paananen mikko at ipi.fi
Thu Nov 13 09:22:38 UTC 2003

ke, 2003-11-12 kello 19:59, Kyle Maxwell kirjoitti:
> I'm running FC1, and this morning when I log in, the GNOME Settings
> Daemon crashes. The last error message was: Child process did not give
> an error message, unknown failure occurred.

It seem that when I log out /usr/libexec/bonobo-activation-server
doesn't die (it usually dies later by itself), when I log back in and
previous *server is running, Gnome gives that error for every applet in
panel.

However, if I log in on console and manually kill that process and then
login to Gnome, it works.

Can anyone duplicate this behaviour ?