Fedora and the System Administrator -- are my assumptions on SuSE incorrect?

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Fri Oct 3 02:43:53 UTC 2003

Bill Anderson wrote:

> A. Can you give it away/freely redistributable?
> B. Can you sell it?
> Fedora:
> A: Yes
> B. Yes

> SuSE:
> A: Yes[1]
> B: No

> [1] You can't make any money whatsoever doing it, thus doing it for a
> client is out. This is for Yast, dunno about Yast2. Even then it is a
> maybe, it depends on what software is bundled with it. So far the only
> confirmation is from a *Sales* rep, not a legal rep.

from "YaST and SuSE Linux licence terms":
http://www.suse.com/us/private/support/licenses/yast.html

--cut--
3 Dissemination
"It is forbidden to reproduce or distribute data carriers which have
been reproduced without authorisation for payment without the prior
written consent of SuSE Linux AG or SuSE Linux. [...]"
--end--
--
:x