Fedora and the System Administrator

Erik Williamson erik at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Fri Oct 3 03:10:04 UTC 2003

[ Thought ]
Does anyone else feel like this is... dodgy?  I want my site to be
running RHEL as much as the next.  But if we can't pay for it, we can't,
and we'll find some other way to do it.  I *know* that all of their work
is covered by the GPL.  But I feel that RedHat has paid their dues, and
deserves to make money.  It's just too bad that it can't be a bit more
affordable.

[ Rant ]
It looks like my department is jumping ship; they just won't cough up
for it.  Which sucks, as I see lots of profs wondering how to blow the
rest of their grant money and spending it on useless crap.  Grrrr.  I
could put that to good use.

Meh.

e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     erik at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
  system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary