Just some redhat musings

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Fri Oct 3 11:42:08 UTC 2003

I apologise for the tone of my last reply,
but I think what I said was valid.

Sys admins and people staffing IT departments are used to
'making do and mend', and I think often out of the best of intentions
and the desire to help the company/enterprise/college.
We're used to pitching low on the costs - and trying zero/low cost
solutions.No problem there - that's whats brought us todays
internet (based on free Bind amongst other things),
Web (again, free Apache) and of course Linux.

But maybe sometimes when it comes to support the gremlins of
money have to be brought in (I'm thinking of Dilbert visiting
the accounts trolls at the moment :-)

So sorry if I was strident.