Fedora and the System Administrator -- "have" -> "had"

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Oct 3 17:17:23 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 07:58:10AM -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 07:41, Paul Gear wrote:
> > That's not what they claim.  At http://fedora.redhat.com/about/rhel.html
> > they claim Fedora is for "Early adopters, enthusiasts, developers".  The
> > rest of their products (WS, ES, AS) are for business.  There is no
> > "consumer" product.
>
> Okay, change my "have" to "had" and I am now correct.  Red Hat _used_ to
> refer to the RHL series as "consumer."
>
> Fedora is no longer "consumer" like RHL was.  I stand corrected.
>
> We now have "Fedora" and "enterprise" : "ethusiast" and "business"

Thanks, that sums up what was on my mind while catching up on the last
couple of days of this list.

Let's home Fedora Legacy can provide the missing middle road between the
two existing options. Or some other third-party support service, we will
see what the future may bring.

David (who is also looking into ways to convince work (= university) to
allocate some budget for RHEL...)
David Jansen            mailto:jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Leiden Observatory                ( Sterrewacht Leiden )
P.O. Box 9513,      2300 RA Leiden,      The Netherlands
Phone: (+31) 71 5275810            Fax: (+31) 71 5275819