Fedora Installation vs Red Hat 9

Aly Dharshi aly.dharshi at uleth.ca
Fri Oct 10 15:28:07 UTC 2003

Hello,

	Personally I don't really like the way that Debian installs, a rather
tricky interface to use. Just tried Debian 3.0 and it wasn't a great
experience and so I went back to RedHat 9. I have always like teh way
RedHat has setup its install process.

	I don't mind a core install followed by the pkgs and the connecting to
the update server too, but I think that there should be some serious
detection and installation of all network services required to contact
said update server, which I found very cryptic in Debian.

	But for sure the idea has merits.

	Cheers,

	Aly.

--
Aly S.P Dharshi
aly.dharshi at uleth.ca
Southern Alberta Digital Library Project

        "A good speech is like a good dress
         that's short enough to be interesting
         and long enough to cover the subject"