ACPI Question

I know this isn't that technical a list - but there seems to be some
bright folks on the list.

I need to have acpi=on in order to get sound and my PCMCIA slot working,
not to mention some of the other buttons/functions. When I enable acpi
my fan kicks into high gear and eats up 99% of the CPU time. The system
crawls.

Anyone experience something like this? How did you handle it? Hints,
tips, tricks?

Thanks in advance.

Hardware: ASUS M3000N (M3N) 1.4Ghz Pentium-M (centrino)

Also - I really like Fedora. very fast and usable. I have even been
using Gnome, which i never have been able to use for more than a short
period of time. Good work everyone.

--
W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC