What closed port 6000?

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 13:12:38 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 08:34, Terry Polzin wrote:
> Port 6000 used to be open in it's place are ports 6001 and 6002.
> I can't find anything in xinetd.conf that would indicate a change.

If you are using the default firewall rules (eg:
redhat-config-firewall), everything is closed.

Check /etc/sysconfig/iptables.

If you use ssh, X11 should work fine anyway.

-- Lon

--
Lon Hohberger
Red Hat, Inc. --> http://www.redhat.com

The views expressed in this electronic mail message are mine alone
and do not necessarily reflect the views of Red Hat, Inc.