Java for Yahoo Games

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Mon Oct 20 03:01:56 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 22:45, Mel Seder wrote:
> --- Zu Zhihui <kylez at turbolinux.com.cn> wrote:
> > why not use j2re from java.sun.com ?
>
> I downloaded j2re-1_4_2_01-linux-i586-rpm.bin from java.sun.com.  Will
> switching to root for the install and "rpm -Uvh j2re...rpm.bin" set
> EVERYTHING up for me or will I still have to go in and do some
> tweaking/adjusting ?

You have to "run" the .bin file, it's a shell-script wrapper that will
ask you to agree to a license before it unpacks the RPM, since RPM can't
handle stuff like that and corporate entities usually want/require that
crud.

One you run the file (type ./j2re...rom.bin), it'll pop up the agree in
a pager - hit the spacebar to go to the next page.  At the end, it'll
ask you to type in 'yes' or 'i agree' or something like that, then it
unpacks the .rpm (same name as the original file sans the .bin) which
you can then install.  I believe it'll setup everything for you then,
tho you may need to follow the symlinks as per the other response to
your message.

> > Joshua Legbandt :

> > 0.95 so
> > >>

> > >I've been successfully using j2re 1.4.1 from blackdown.org to play
> > yahoo
> > >games...
> > >
> > >-josh
> > >

> > --
>

> =====
> The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
> absolutely no good. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)
>

> --
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.