How to get up2date working again?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Oct 23 03:49:06 UTC 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:

> How do we start with up2date again from scratch?
>
> Since, I have been trying to update from Rawhide it has been always
> busy!!  So, I end up having to do a kill -9 on up2date so it does not
> wait for infinity.  So, now I think some file somewhere related to the
> up2date process is corrupt.  How do we start again?

Right now you don't. As was previously announced here rawhide is closed.
They are reorganizing it. Once it opens up and all of the mirrors get
resynced you and everyone else asking this same question can try again.

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that it will at least be Fri or Sat
US EDT b4 things start to become usable again. Might even take longer
for some sites.

hth,

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org