Debian snuggles up to Fedora?

Chris tkchris at nvbell.net
Tue Oct 28 17:49:06 UTC 2003

On Monday 27 October 2003 10:47 pm, Doncho N. Gunchev wrote:
> btw: does rpm stil hang with large rpm -Uhv / -ihv and do we have still to
> killall -9 rpm; rm -rf /var/lib/rpm/__db*; rpm --rebuilddb; ... ?

rpm died on me yesterday and I had to go through this procedure, I am using
rpm version rpm-4.2.1-0.30.  So yes, rpm is still broken.  I should not that
this occured after trying to install hwdata with up2date, and up2date
segfaulted, which in turn caused rpm to crap out.  So, rpm definately has
some problems, it certainly does not clean itself up properly when
interrupted.