Re: Constant annoying redraws in gtk app

** Reply to message from Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> on Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:10:27 +0200

> On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 05:32, Jack Bowling wrote:
> > I have an app, Snd, the venerable sound editor, which can be compiled
> > either with the openmotif or the gtk libraries. I prefer the gtk libs
> > but it displays a very annoying tendency to redraw the app display
> > everytime you move another window across it or do *anything* with the
> > screen. The openmotif compile, OTOH, is lightning fast with none of
> > these tendencies.
> >
> > My question: would this be a factor of how Snd itself is coded (the
> > source readme does admit that the gtk port needs a lot of work), or is
> > it a facet of the Metacity WM on my RH8 box?
>
> It sounds like the app needs some work. Window managers don't sent
> redraw events, so they shouldn't affect this.

OK, thanks, Alex. That was the logical conclusion but I just wanted to check to see if there was anything I could do on my end.

--
Jack Bowling Prince George, BC mailto:jbinpg shaw ca