Re: Fedora Project: Announcing New Direction

Paul Gear wrote:

> My point was that some people need a longer release cycle without support.
>
> Here's my explanation of what i'm looking for:
> http://paulgear.webhop.net/the_page_formerly_known_as_rhel.html

Maybe your ideal life time is toooo much for Red Hat guys.

I like the mdk way, they have 1 year of lifetime + 6 months
_only_ for 'base' components: http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/productlifetime.php

SuSE on the other side:
"_At the moment_ we are maintaining SuSE Linux for 2 years - that means
Bug fixes and Security fixes will be released for two years for each SuSE
Linux version. Contrary to our business products with maintenance this is
_not_ guaranteed."

--
Que trabajen los romanos, que tienen el pecho de lata.