Re: RES: Support of apt for fedora

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 21:48, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:27:33 +0200, Jochen Schmitt wrote:

> > But apt has the advance, that you can install every package over
> > the internet, without worrying about dependicies and so on.
>
> up2date can do that, too, for a long time.
>
> And Yum also.

Yes, while I haven't tried Yum yet apt-get has the advantage over
up2date in that it makes it easier to install new packages, and
it can resume stalled downloads, which IIRC up2date, can't.

A combination of up2date, for delivering patches and fixes, and
apt-get, for installing newly available packages, would be ideal.

--
James
jamesk[at]homeric[dot]co[dot]uk

"Chivalry is for those wearing Kevlar" - Kincaid on #afp