What price do you want?

Mark Mielke mark at mark.mielke.cc
Fri Sep 26 18:39:22 UTC 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 01:58:44PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Roger Peña Escobio wrote:
> > how can the BETA public version under the GPL can also be restrict
> > it by the US EXPORT CONTROL ?
> While Red Hat may not be allowed to give you the software, the
> GPL specifies that Red Hat can not forbid other people to give
> you a copy of the software, see section 6:  "You may not impose
> any further restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights
> granted herein."

Except, that if an American citizen purposefully distributes a copy of
the software to Cuba, the American citizen might be guilty of treason,
or conspiracy, or something like that.

I doubt it would ever go to court, but you never know...

mark

--
mark at mielke.cc/markm at ncf.ca/markm at nortelnetworks.com __________________________

                       and in the darkness bind them...