ACPI in Fedora Test2

ACPI worked fine in test 1, but not in test2.  Not sure why.  When I
type service acpid [anything at all] I get no error messages and no
acknowledgement that it did anyghint.  The logfile is empty.  Also when
I just type acpid, it gives me the error message:

acpid: /proc/acpi/event: no such file or directory

According to the release notes, ACPI should work in this release.  What
can I do to get it working?

Thanks,
Prince

--