yum update 2179 kernel

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Tue Apr 20 21:50:32 UTC 2004

> Second reason:  We don't know where the other partition is that is
> labelled /boot ( In my case it was on a USB2 removable HDD on /dev/sda1
that
> caused the same problem)... seemed like that might make for a protracted
fix
> to get the guy to hunt it down.

Er, uh, maybe I should mention that I recently had a Cruzer Mini 256 MB
flash USB2 disk in the machine (/dev/sda1)?  I'm sure that set the stage for
the problem, but I'm not exactly sure why given that it wasn't bootable.  To
get it to work though, I had to make an addition to
/etc/udpfstab.conf.default in the device flash section:

match hd "Generic STORAGE DEVICE"

Can anyone see how this got my boot partition off the mount list??  The
flash disk only had a website on it, i.e. html files and images.  Maybe when
I first plugged it in, before making the udpfstab change, it got marked with
a /boot?

- John