GPG signatures and list mail

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 1 01:31:23 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 31.03.2004 schrieb Jonathan DeSena um 20:17:
>

>>Yes! I have been having this issue with ALL your mails. It is quite
>>annoying to try to read these messages. I use Evolution, so I expect
>>this would be a very common problem for many Linux users.
>>
>>In fact, my mail filters do not work on these messages either, so I have
>>to deal with them by hand, which adds to the annoyance.
>>
>>Note that you are not the only one doing this on this list; there are
>>others as well.
>>
>>Jon
>

> Jon,
>
> thank your for that feedback. Until now I mainly thought for Microsoft
> email readers to have a problem with GPG signed messages. Now you are
> telling it is Evolution - at least with some kind of configuration -
> too. The one who reported me his problems with my mails has no problems
> reading them with Evolution, and I can read my posted mails as well
> without any problem. I check all my postings.
>
> I might be helpful if you can describe your configuration of Evolution
> to find the problem. Do you have GPG installed on your mail reading
> host?
>
> Alexander

I use Mozilla 1.4.1 which, if both it -and- the mailman server are
optioned properly, works just fine. I don't use either Evolution -OR-
any Microsoft mail reader for anything -- much less a Linux-oriented
mailing list -- but I'm gonna take this opportunity to make a statement:

It's a sick world in which one of the most prolific contributers to this
list gets challenged by anyone who uses a Microsoft product. It seems to
me that the readers of this list should be willing to learn Sanskrit or
Ancient Hebrew if either of those happens to be the language preference
of the guru-contributers and it would be interesting to know who had the
balls to bitch about GPG signatures.

There! That was cathartic.