GPG signatures and list mail

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Apr 1 01:53:48 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 01.04.2004 schrieb Robert um 03:31:

Robert,

please let me quickly reply because else a wrong impression may come up:

> It's a sick world in which one of the most prolific contributers to this
> list gets challenged by anyone who uses a Microsoft product. It seems to
> me that the readers of this list should be willing to learn Sanskrit or
> Ancient Hebrew if either of those happens to be the language preference
> of the guru-contributers and it would be interesting to know who had the
> balls to bitch about GPG signatures.

I was not challenged by the person who privately mailed me, in no way.
Initially we had a private mailing about one subject here on the list.
In one of his mails the person just informed me, that reading the list
mail with Outlook Express he gets my mail's content just as an
attachment. That gave me the idea there might be numerous other readers
as well with this problem or even worse. It is that I do not post to
this list for my private fun. If I did misconfigure something on my side
with the effect that most of my mails are not or even hard to be read,
then this causes me to change the way I do.

That was the background which led to my question to this list. Thinking
it might be better to do not GPG signing.

I agree, that this worl is kind of sick, but not at first place because
of so much different mail formats or even companies feeling standard is
only what they produce (no, no names here :)

> There! That was cathartic.

Robert, thank you for your shiny compliments. I hope I clearified the
background for this thread a bit.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 03:43:17 up 12 days, 11:25, load average: 0.02, 0.13, 0.13
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]