Latest FC kernel still have SMP bugs?

Thu Apr 1 15:18:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 09:48, Mitch Wiedemann wrote:
> Is the FC1 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl kernel still having problems with SMP and
> hanging?
> I'm due to install some MP servers soon and want to avoid problems
> (imagine that!).

Still having problems with sudden hard lockups that leave no apparent
clues, and show no easily discernible pattern, on 2 SMP machines running
2174 here.

> If said kernel is still having trouble, what's the easiest fix?

I'm wondering also.  Considering trying FC2T2 on one as an experiment,
but obviously that's not a good choice for a server that needs to be
dependable.

Phil