fedora-list Digest, Vol 1, Issue 1483

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Apr 1 15:43:09 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 01.04.2004 schrieb Chris Botha um 08:16:

> Dear friends
>
> It is again me and my samba problem. My samab server does not recognise my
> users on the network. I chequed the smbpassw and passd files and the user
> exist in bothe. If i share the folder to all then it works fine, but homes
> does not.
>
> What sould I do.
>
> Chris

Please respect what Phil told you about posting to the list.

And again: if you choose "security = user" in smb.conf you not only have
to create each Samba user with smbpasswd, and those users have to exist
with normal system accounts to in /etc/passwd, but you have to
_activate_ each Samba user too with smbpasswd -e $user.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 17:41:03 up 13 days, 1:22, load average: 0.30, 0.42, 0.32
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]