Latest FC kernel still have SMP bugs?

Jean-Rene Cormier jean-rene.cormier at cipanb.ca
Thu Apr 1 17:26:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 10:48, Mitch Wiedemann wrote:
> Is the FC1 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl kernel still having problems with SMP and
> hanging?
> I'm due to install some MP servers soon and want to avoid problems
> (imagine that!).

On my Dell Precision 530 with dual Xeon 1.5GHz I have no problem with
the SMP but I don't have HT on this computer. On a Dell PowerEdge 2650
with dual Xeon 2GHz, the computer locks at boot time with the SMP kernel
but with the non-smp one it works just fine. Right now I'm running it
with the non-smp kernel until a fix comes out.

Jean-Rene Cormier