Latest FC kernel still have SMP bugs?

Chris Miller cmiller at gammae.com
Thu Apr 1 21:31:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 09:48, Mitch Wiedemann wrote:
> Is the FC1 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl kernel still having problems with SMP and
> hanging?
> I'm due to install some MP servers soon and want to avoid problems
> (imagine that!).

I run around 100 SMP servers with no problem.

Hardware.
Dual Xeon servers with HT on supermicro server boards.
Dual AMD on Tyan 2469,2468,2462
Dual Opteron on Tyan 2880

And I do run the fedora kernel.  Anything I can do to help let me know.
But I have never seen any of the problems anyone is talking about.