Search for a good desktop(NOT desktop environment)

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Sat Apr 3 03:04:50 UTC 2004

On 02/04/04, at 20:31 -0600, John Thompson <JohnThompson at new.rr.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:28:28 +0530
> Kaustubh Ghosh <meetkaustubhghosh at vsnl.net> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a good desktop (NOT desktop environment) for
> > Linux? I have kicked out both gnome and kde recently as they couldn't
> > give me speed, and    I am using blackbox now which is perfectly fine
> > and superbly fast. but i need a desktop for putting some icons and
> > shortcuts if possible. I am using ROX Filer as file manager. It is
> > supposed to be able to function as a desktop (pinboard, in their
> > lingo), but doesn't work with me. The desktop better be as minimal as
> > possible.
>
> http://www.xfce.org
>
> --

Enlightenment!

www.enlightenment.org

E beats them all in terms of speed, power, design, slickness. Download E
and fell the power of a robust desktop. :-p

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg

Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg