fam and logwatch

Greg Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Apr 3 04:25:18 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 08:30, Greg Ennis wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm being flogged to death this log file... I would sure appreciate
> some help.  My 'message' and 'secure' logs are way too LARGE!  I
> apologize for sending this request again!
>
> Any ideas as a starting place for me?
>
> Greg

Have you reviewed this bug?

http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/long_list.cgi?buglist=74696

Perhaps the:

flags = NOLIBWRAP

addition that is discussed provides some help for you.

Regards,  Mike Klinke

Mike,

Thanks very much.  I read the bug report and have added the flag.  I am also having
problems
with the gnome interface so  this problem may be affected gnome as well.  Looks like
there
is another FC1 user in the bug report that has a the same problem.  I'll watch mine
to see
if the flag fixes things and  then make a report to bugzilla myself.

Thanks again for your help!!!

Greg

Mike,

Thanks again for your suggestions.  I did discover by reading the Bugzilla report
that the KDE interface works, and my symptoms were the same as the last case report.
I'm afraid my message, and secure log files are still multiplying like bacteria in
warm sweeted saline.  I am going to create a bugzilla report and hope that someone
else on this list may have an answer.

Greg