hda: lost interrupt

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Apr 4 12:41:25 UTC 2004

Probably OT, but I'm getting the above error message
more and more frequently, followed by the machine seizing up.

(1) Is this definitely a sign of a dying disk?

(2) Is there any possibility of an hdparam change improving matters?

I'm running FC-1 with kernels 2.6.4 and 2.4.25.
[I have the impression that I get the error slightly more often
with the 2.6 kernel, but that could be an illusion.]

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366