Not sure what to do

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Apr 4 17:34:16 UTC 2004

Am So, den 04.04.2004 schrieb Terry Truitt um 09:47:

> I have a friend using Fedora Core 1. What he is wanting to do is mount
> his network drive on a Win XP machine at boot time. Is there a way to do
> this and how. Thanks in advance.

On the Fedora machine it is needed that Samba is running. There was
already much of discussion about Samba, please search the archives
and/or use google for helpful howtos. For ease of use your friend may
use "security = share" option. On the Windows[tm] side he will have to
connect to the Samba share, either using the Explorer (network
environment -> Samba machine -> Share -> right mouse button click +
connect network drive + click permanent), or using the DOS box using
command "net use" (see net use /? for help).

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 19:22:36 up 16 days, 3:04, load average: 0.61, 0.62, 0.55
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]