Installation of the latest release

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 5 00:11:34 UTC 2004

Naron wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This question may have been asked many times but I have just
> subscribed and need some advice.
>
> Have downloaded the version of Fedora released about a week ago,
> confirmed the images and burnt them to cd.  They do not boot however
> on startup of my machine.  As I am hanging out to see the product I
> was wondering if anyone knew of a FAQ that could help me.  I have had
> a look at the download section on the official website and it does not
> appear to help.  Am happy to answer any questions that I may.
>
> Also, if this has been asked 15000 times before, please email me
> direct with any advice as I dont want to waste peoples time with the
> same old stuff.  I would go searching for answers but have to head off
> to work and want to be part of it all as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks all
>
> Mark

What you have downloaded are all ISO files - Each of them the last 3
letters after the dot are "iso", image files, if you just burn them as
is into a cd, it definitely won't boot, you need to burn them from the
iso files into regular installation cds, with your computer's BIOS set
to boot from CDrom, then you can start installation by booting up the
first CD. How to burn the iso download files into regular bootable cd,
check the help menu of your cd burning software, you can find it there
for sure .