GUMBY GRUB

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Mon Apr 5 09:50:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 03:06, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:

> BUT When I looked for lilo in /sbin... Well:
>
> # ls l*
> ldconfig*  lsmod@   lsusb*      lvextend*          lvmsadc*   lvrename*
> logsave*   lspci*   lvchange*   lvmchange*         lvmsar*    lvscan*
> loopctrl*  lspnp*   lvcreate*   lvmcreate_initrd*  lvreduce*
> losetup*   lsraid*  lvdisplay*  lvmdiskscan*       lvremove*
>

> No lilo <sigh> incidentally "# which lilo" didn't help either...
>
> I presume I can get an rpm for it, but is there one specifically for
> fedora? Or will I have to look for a generic lilo rpm? At the moment, I
> don't even know where to look for rpms that are built for fedora yet,
> care to point me in the right direction?

I just ran yum search lilo on my fedora machine and it came back with
Available package: lilo.i386 0:21.4.4-24 from base matches with
 lilo

I am running an rsync'd repository locally, off of
www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1
Can you not run yum install lilo?

Doug