MP3s and Linux

duncan brown duncanbrown at email.com
Mon Apr 5 15:19:09 UTC 2004

brittany,
  not for nothing, but why are you using the bleeding edge fedora release?  you should download and install the fedora core 1 release, your life will be MUCH easier.

and after you do that, go to http://www.freshrpms.net and install both apt and synaptic for yarrow (fedora core 1).  then load up synaptic (menu -> system tools -> synaptic) and you can search for mp3 and mad and divx and whatever other media want to be able to play, it'll download and install all the appropriate tools.  freshrpms even has a version of rhythmbox with mp3 support.

-d