Where to put custom applications.menu?

William Penton wmp1784 at exchange.uta.edu
Mon Apr 5 16:19:50 UTC 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 02:40, Neil Bird wrote:
>    Is there anywhere I can put a customised applications.menu in my home
> dir. (without having to edit the /etc/X11... one), like I can put custom
> .desktop files in ~/.gnome2/vfolders?
>
>    I've found the file format docs. that imply I can set some XDG_
> vars., but I can find no ref. to these in Fedora, yet the custom
> .desktop files do get loaded, so I feel it's being done some other way.
>
> --
> [neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
> [neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature
> ls: .signature: No such file or directory
> [neil at fnx ~]# exit

If you use KDE just right click on the menu button and goto Menu Editor.  If
you use Gnome, sorry but you're out of luck if you want an easy way to edit
them.  But there is a way (not recomended tho)
look here:

http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/redhat/fedora_1_gnome_menu_editing.html
http://www.bluethingy.com/linux/rh8menu.html

they explain it well.  Just remember that this will NOT work for everyone and
may break your menu.

  -William Penton

--
"Captain, life is not a dream."