setenv

Norman Gaywood norm at turing.une.edu.au
Tue Apr 6 05:11:58 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 06:35:59AM +0200, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> Does anyone know how to install setenv I dont have it on my FC1 box,
> Does it come with FC or must I add it?
> If it does come with FC would there be a reason why its not there?
> And lastly if it does come with FC is there a way I can find out what
> happend to it?

setenv is a built-in command of csh (or tcsh). The csh command:

setenv VARNAME value

is the equivalent of the bash:

export VARNAME=value

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

norm at turing.une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312