GUMBY GRUB

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Apr 7 23:32:56 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:

> But what I can't understand is, given that the lists software didn't
> spontaneously insert the offending header lines into his email, why is
> he so sure that he didn't start with a reply? I think it would be an easy
> mistake to make. (initially anyway)

*sigh* ok this is my last post on this because i REALLY hate repeating
myself, especially to ppl who dont know how to read.

if you know pine, you know what happens when you load pine,hit C and type
in fed (hit tab) (as u know this completes so i can see the email)
arrow down to subject, enter my subject, arrow down and type my post, hit
CTL-X  whosh off it goes to send,
now thats how its down, thats how i did it, i think that explanation can
be understoodd by a frickin 8yo kid, clearly still wont be enough for
sonme on this list tho.

so as far as im concerned the mater is closed, unless you also a long time
pine user, can tell me how it mysteriously added the in reply to that
particular person and saved it in address book, espesh since it was added
to addressbook a week after the list was started last year.

> Sorry to keep this going but I simply "HAD" to make sure that any newbies
> reading this list didn't conclude that pine had actually "added" those
> headers "to a new email", any more than any other "decent email program"

damn right it doesnt! hence mailman, again, its not the first time RH.s
mailman has screwed posts., but hey its easy to attack someone who is
more a lurker hence they think are newbies, rather than accept other
possabilities, and im no longer going to justify myself to any idiot on
this list with one track mind.