I want a website

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 8 00:12:55 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "SultanAn3" <Sulti202 at netscape.net>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 7:34 PM
Subject: I want a website

> I created html webpages and I want a domain name.
> What is DNS;does it give me a domain name?
> Where to get a domain name;can I get on for free?

Domain names are not usually free. You have to register a domain,
and there's
usually a fee (around US$35), plus a yearly charge to keep the
domain name. There are
several organisazions responsible for registering domains. Look
at
www.internic.net and check out the FAQ for a bit more
information. I'm
sure others have better links and information.

If you just want a place to put pages, check with your ISP. Many
service
providers will give you a small amount of web space with your
internet account.
I've got 10 megs of free web space through earthlink.net. I guess
for what
they're charging for broadband access, the least they can do is
give me some
web space.

Good luck.