smp on FC1

Benjamin Arai benjamin at araisoft.com
Thu Apr 8 04:53:00 UTC 2004

I have a dual Athlon MP machine for my home desktop and it runs fine.  I
have both a updated RPM kernel from freshrpms and I compiled 2.6.2-5
without any problems.  Although I didn't have any problems running 2.4
on Fedora, I use mainly 2.6 for the better SMP support and I suggest you
try moving to it as well.

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 13:44, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 02:52, WipeOut wrote:
> > Elvio Caruana wrote:
> >
> > >What's the status of the SMP problem on FC1?
> > >

> > >Elvio
> > >

> > In my opinion just use the kernel.org source and build an SMP kernel and
> > there is no problem.. :)
> >

> Had LOTS of stability problems with recent FC1 kernels on dual Athlon
> machines.  Stability has been good with kernel.org smp home brew
> kernel.  See recent thread "Latest FC kernel still have SMP bugs?"
>
> Phil

Benjamin Arai
Araisoft

Email: benjamin at araisoft.com