Some problems getting started

Daniel Stonier snorri_dj at operamail.com
Thu Apr 8 20:03:07 UTC 2004

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 12:47:52 -0500, duncan brown <duncanbrown at email.com>
wrote:

> now, as far as installing/removing software, i've found the easiest way
> (if you're a gui fanatic) is to use synaptic (which is not a part of the
> default install, but should be when fedora core 3 comes out, in about
> 8+ months).

Hi,

Had a quick look at apt and synaptic last night, got both working
last night, but have a couple of questions. Do the sites you've listed
below need signature keys set up to get them working? I had problems
installing a couple of packages that would fail on an unknown signature.

Also, through synaptic, is there a way of knowing which site it is
going to to get package <xxx>?

Cheers,
Daniel.