Create a new system variable

Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 9 00:40:42 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 03:13:33PM -0500, Matthew Benjamin wrote:

> Keven, your right it does work. That's strange I'm trying to set the
> proxy for up2date to work, and it work on command line but when I try
> all of those methods given it doesn't. Any ideas?

Aha... up2date
It has it's own control hooks.
  ... see the config file /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

  enableProxy[comment]=Use a HTTP Proxy
  enableProxy=1

  httpProxy[comment]=HTTP proxy in host:port format, e.g. squid.redhat.com:3128
  httpProxy=192.168.0.1

Also see command line options that you can place in the cron command

     up2date  --proxy localpxy.somebox.commercial

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l