I broke Mozilla

Mike Rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Thu Apr 8 07:44:43 UTC 2004

  I had a mouse problem where my mouse clicked when I moved it (battery
went dead) and it opened a dozen or so Mozilla windows and different
dialogs. After replacing the battery I can not get Mozilla to run, I click
on it, it says "Starting Mozilla" and I get the hour glass mouse icon,
after a short while, it just goes back to the regular mouse icon and
Mozilla never starts.

  I saw there was a new version and downloaded it, installed it and
nothing, so I tried removing Mozilla so I could install fresh and got an error.

# rpm -evv mozilla-1.4.1-18
error: Failed dependencies:
         libxpcom.so is needed by (installed) openoffice.org-libs-1.1.0-6

at which point the uninstall failed.  I found openoffice.org-libs on the CD
and installed it, I had to use --force since it said it was already there,
and uninstalled Mozilla and re-installed.  Same problem, I must be missing
something but not sure what or how to find out.  The above error may or may
not be my problem but I assume I have to fix it at least before I
continue.  I dont want to have to re-install Fedora from scratch again, I
already have twice and had the machine doing what I want/need and stable
until my mouse problem.

	mike